Cheque book is one of the most important banking instruments as it enables you to operate your savings account without carrying cash around. For this reason, a customer looks to get a new cheque book every time his previous one has finished.
When a new savings account is opened by a customer in the bank, he or she is issued a cheque book by the bank. A new cheque book can be received by a customer by placing a requisition for the same with the help of a form.
The cheque book is them delivered to the address of the customer in a few days. A number of banks in India give the facility of applying for cheque books online and State Bank of India is one of them.
Here are the steps of how to apply for a new cheque book in SBI online Banking:
- The process starts with logging in on onlinesbi.com.
- Then you have to click on the option of e-services.
- Next you need to click on the cheque book option displayed on the left side.
- Select the options for the cheque book according to your requirement. The available options include number of cheque books as well as number of leaves in the cheque book.
- In case you want a multi city cheque, you can click on the multi city option. In the end, after you have chosen the desired options, select submit option
After you have applied for a cheque book on SBI online portal, it will be delivered to the registered address with a period of a few days.
Other banks such as HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Bank of Baroda, Axis bank, SBH, bank of baroda and Punjab National Bank are also giving the same facility to their customers. This has made getting a cheque book issued much more convenient for them.