Indian Overseas Bank (इण्डियन ओवरसीज़ बैंक) is one among the major players in the public banking sector. It is a Chennai based bank with around 3400 branches in Chennai and 1150 branches in Tamil Nadu. It also has extended its branches overseas. Indian Overseas Bank has upgraded its banking services as per the latest tech developments and facilities.
If you ever get interested in opening an account with IOB, you must know the bank timing, its business hours, lunch timing and holidays. It is essential for every account holder to learn about the schedules so that never have to waste your time at the branch waiting in long queues!
Business and working hours at IOB
- IOB’s working hours are from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Business hours at the bank are from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Lunch time is from 2:00 PM to 2:30 PM.
- The schedule gets followed on all working days, i.e., Monday to Friday including first and third Saturdays.
- Second and fourth Saturday of every month is a holiday as per the new regulations.
- If there is any fifth Saturday in a month, it gets counted as a working day.
- The branches remain closed on all national holidays as declared.
- Apart from Sundays and national holidays, the banks remain closed on local holidays.
Indian Overseas Bank working hours and working Days Timings
|Working Day||Working Time|
|Indian Overseas Bank Timings For Week days [Monday to Friday]||10:00 AM to 05:00 PM|
|Indian Overseas Bank Timings on 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturday of Month||10:00 AM to 05:00 PM|
|Indian Overseas Bank Timings on 2nd and 4th Saturday of Month||Closed|
|Indian Overseas Bank Timings For all Sunday||Closed|
Indian Overseas Bank Lunch Timing
|Lunch Time||Not specified, usually between 2:00 PM to 2:30 PM|
If you are an account holder at any of the branches of IOB, you must have specific info about the bank timing. With the proper information, you need not have to wait at the bank in long queues to get your work done! Having the idea about holidays, you will never schedule your tasks at the bank on the specific dates. Collect info about the local holidays from the branch itself. Visit the bank within the banking hours without any fails!