Sometimes, after online booking of confirmed e-Tickets through the IRCTC portal, if you need to get them canceled for some reason, then you should know about Cancellation charges For Confirm Ticket in IRCTC.
What are the IRCTC Confirm Ticket Cancellation Charges
If you need to cancel e-Tickets but need clarification about IRCTC Confirm Ticket cancellation charges, then you should read this article. By following the below-mentioned helpful information, you can quickly learn entirely about what you want to know in this regard, such as:
1. You should know that you can cancel the e-Tickets on the Internet by logging in to www.irctc.co.in and going to the “Booked Tickets” link. Then select the ticket to be Cancelled. After that, you can initiate the cancellation process by selecting the passengers to be Cancelled.
You will receive an online cancellation confirmation message, and the refund amount will be credited back to the same bank account used for booking as for normal e-tickets.
If you need to make any partial cancellation of a ticket, please don’t fail to ensure that a fresh e-reservation slip (or the Electronic Reservation Slip) is printed individually as done for the original ticket.
2. If you are a regular IRCTC user, you are not allowed to cancel the e-Tickets after the chart preparation for the train. Usually, the chart preparation for the trains starting up to noon is done on the previous night.
However, as a user, you can use the online TDR filing for such cases, and the refund status can be tracked via the tracking service provided by IRCTC. You can file TDR as per Railway rules:
3. You can not cancel the e-Tickets on the Railway Reservation Ticket Counters.
4. Suppose on a family e-ticket or a party e-ticket (that is issued for travel of more than one passenger), some of the individuals have confirmed reservations while others are on RAC or waiting lists. In such a case, a full refund of fare and less clerk shall be admissible for confirmed passengers.
It will also be subject to the condition that the passenger’s ticket shall be Cancelled online, or an online TDR shall be filed for all the passengers up to thirty minutes (half an hour) before the scheduled or expected departure of the train.
5. Refund of ticket fare shall only be permissible on RAC e-tickets if the individual cancels his ticket timely.
Also, the passenger must ensure to file a TDR online up to thirty minutes (approximately half an hour) before the scheduled or expected departure of the train to claim the ticket cancellation refund.
6. You should know that for the Agents also, e-tickets cannot be Cancelled after chart preparation. However, in case the agents receive such a request from their consumers, they are needed to send a mail to [email protected] containing the following details:
Date of Journey
7. You should know that the cancellation charges and amount deducted for confirmed e-tickets rely heavily on the ticket cancellation and your ticket status (at the time of its cancellation). You can see the detailed explanations given below:
- If the ticket is presented for cancellation more than 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train, minimum cancellation charges will be deducted at the flat rate:
|Class of your ticket||Flat Cancellation charges per passenger|
|AC First/Executive Class||Rs.240 plus service Tax|
|First Class/AC 2 Tier||Rs.200 plus service Tax|
|AC Chair Car/AC 3Tier/AC 3 Economy||Rs.180 plus service Tax|
- If you present a ticket for cancellation between 48 hours and up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train 25% of the fare subject to the minimum of the cancellation charge referred to in the above Clause(See Table) plus service Tax applicable for all AC Classes
- If you present a ticket for cancellation within 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the train and up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train 50% of the fare is subject to a minimum of the cancellation charge referred to above clause(See Table) plus service Tax applicable for all AC Classes
- No refund of fare will be given on the tickets having confirmed reservation in case the ticket is not presented for cancellation within 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train
So this way, you can quickly learn about IRCTC confirm ticket cancellation charges.
|Customer Care Numbers||14646 OR 0755-6610661 / 0755-4090600|
|Email I-tickets/e-tickets||[email protected]|
|Email For Cancellation E-tickets||[email protected]|
We hope that in this article, we have successfully cleared your query about the Confirm ticket cancellation charges in IRCTC. Now, you can quickly learn and use the complete information in this regard as and when you need it.