A debit card PIN stands for the “Personal Identification Number,” which is a unique four-digit code to each debit/ATM card that is required to be set for using a debit/ATM card. Whenever you go to withdraw money from an ATM, use your debit/ATM card for online shopping, or purchasing articles from a shopping mall or a grocery store, or for some other types of transactions, you are essentially required to enter your debit card PIN to authorize payments and confirm transactions.
While using your debit card, your credentials are verified with the help of this secret code. This way ensures that the genuine bank account holder or the authorized debit card user is executing the transactions. Hence, you can prevent fraud and save yourself from the misuse of your debit card.
By using your debit card Personal Identification Number (or PIN), you are allowed to access your bank account. However, card readers are used during transactions to collect crucial detailed information from your debit card, which is sent to the card issuer’s bank.
How Can You Get A Debit Card PIN – Three Proven Methods
Almost all the banks in India nowadays are practicing providing a service pattern where they simply issue a debit card and allow their customers to generate their own debit card PIN manually. The banks do so to ensure the safety and security of their customers’ accounts and also to get rid of the risk of any unwanted person misusing the debit card.
When an individual opens a new bank account, the bank will send him a temporary debit card PIN code. They can use this PIN code to log in to their ATM account to withdraw money and make other transactions.
You should know that although having a debit card PIN is mandatory, many banks not only take the debit card PIN into account but also use a One Time Password and other safety measures to secure their customers against fraud.
For example, your ATM PIN can be reset or changed to a new PIN when required. However, for safety reasons, changing the debit card PIN from time to time is an effective practice to improve your bank account’s security and also the safety of your ATM and online transactions.
If you are using an RBL bank debit card, then you should know the different ways to generate, change, or reset the PIN for your RBL Bank Debit Card. In this post, we will guide you to explore three easy and simple ways to get for this purpose, such as:
- Through sending SMS text messages.
- Through RBL MoBank App.
- Through Internet Banking.
So keep reading this insightful article till the end.
Suppose you are a bank account holder with RBL Bank. You are using its Debit/ATM card. Suppose you forgot your PIN or you want to change or reset it. But for some reason, you are confused about the correct process to do so, don’t worry about it. Here are three ways to generate, change, or reset the PIN for your RBL Bank ATM Card.
So just follow the below-written simple and easy steps as instructed:
1. Generate RBL Debit Card PIN by Sending SMS Text Messages
Here’s how you can generate a Debit card PIN by sending an SMS with the following process.
- Open your registered mobile phone and then click on the message box option.
- After that, you must type “PIN” in your message box, followed by a space. Then, you will have to enter your debit card number’s last four digits. For example, suppose your 16-digit debit card number is 123456XXXXXX5397; then enter “5397“.
- Now, you will have to enter your customer ID, which is printed on your RBL Cheque book. For example, suppose your customer ID is 1234567.
- Then, set and type your 4-digit new Debit/ATM PIN, and after giving a space, type in your message box. For example, suppose you set 3987 as your ATM PIN.
- If, for some reason, you don’t know your customer ID, then in such a case, you can also enter the last four digits of your “PAN.” For example, your PAN number is ABCDE6690L.
- Now, send/SMS your typed message to 9223366333.
- For example, with your customer ID, you will type: “PIN 5397 1234567 3987“, and SMS it to 9223366333.
- Whereas, with your PAN number, you will type: “PIN 5397 690L 3987“, and SMS it to 9223366333.
After that, shortly, you will receive a message stating that “Your PIN setup has been successfully processed for your debit card.” It means that your new debit card PIN has been successfully generated.
2: ATM PIN Generation through RBL MoBank App
Find out the method to generate a Debit card PIN through the RBL MoBank app right away.
Step 1: Download and install the “RBL MoBank App” application from your mobile phone play store and open the app., then fill up your necessary information to log in to MoBank.
Step 2. Now, a new page will open up before you. Here you will see many options. Click on the “Manage Debit Cards” option.
Step 3. After that, a new interface will open up before you. Here you will see two options: “Debit cards” and “Credit cards.” Click on the “Debit cards” option. Then click on the “Change PIN” option.
Step 4. Now, set a new four-digit Debit Card PIN. Enter your debit card’s expiry date and newly set Debit Card PIN as required. Then click on the “Submit” button.
Step 5. After that, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter it as required. Then click on the “Verify” and “OK” buttons. Now, you will receive a message that your Card PIN has been Set successfully.
3: Generate Debit Card PIN through Internet Banking
Check the process to generate a Debit card PIN through Internet banking below.
- Visit the RBL Bank official website: https://www.rblbank.com/. Now, enter your user ID, Password, and other information to log in to RBL Internet Banking.
- Click on the “Requests” option at the top right corner of your screen.
- After that, click on the “Debit Card” option
- Then click on the “Debit Card PIN set/reset” option. Now, set a new four-digit Debit Card PIN. Enter your debit card’s expiry date and newly set Debit Card PIN as required. Then click on the “Submit” button.
Now, you will receive a message that your Debit Card PIN has been successfully generated. So by following the above-stated methods, you can easily learn about how you can generate your RBL Bank Debit Card PIN.
The Final Concluding Takeaway Thoughts
That’s all. In this write-up, we have provided you with comprehensive information about generating RBL Bank ATM PIN and some simple and easy steps through 3 methods for the same. Hopefully, by going through this post, you will have quickly learned it.
You should know that when banks issue a new Debit card, generally, an auto-generated PIN is also given to you for it. However, you must change the given PIN and reset it according to your choice for your bank account’s safety purposes.
If you are facing any problems regarding generating the Debit Card PIN, you can contact RBL bank’s customer care to help you to solve them by making a call to the telephone number: 02261156300 or sending an email to [email protected].