The first Payments Bank of India, Airtel Payments Bank, came into existence in January 2017. The bank offers Internet banking and mobile banking facilities to its customers. Anyone from anywhere across the country can open a Savings account or Current account with Airtel Payments Bank to become its customer and enjoy the ease of banking, such as quick money transfers to others at their comfort.
The bank supports various transactions everywhere by offering a quick and easy payment gateway so that your dependency on cash can be reduced. All the banking features of Airtel Payments Bank are available on a single mobile application: Airtel Thanks. You can use all the banking services offered by Airtel Payments Bank through this mobile application. To avail of the benefits of online banking, it is mandatory that your mobile number gets registered with Airtel Payments Bank to enable it for the SMS Alert facility.
However, sometimes, you may need to change your registered mobile number for some reason. In such a case, you should update your registered mobile number with the bank account. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to use the bank’s services. In this passage, you will learn more about why you should keep your Registered Mobile Number with your Airtel Payments Bank account updated and what you should do about it. Let’s check.
Updating Registered Mobile Number in Airtel Payment Bank
While using Airtel Payments Bank’s banking services through the Airtel Thanks Mobile application, it is essential to ensure that your registered mobile phone number is updated with the bank due to the following main reasons:
- Airtel Payments Bank will send you notifications through SMS on your registered mobile number in case any transaction is influenced in your account.
- You will be allowed to use Internet Banking/Mobile Banking or SMS Banking services only through your registered mobile number.
- The bank will directly communicate with you through your registered mobile number. Therefore, there will be no communication gap between you and Airtel Payments Bank on any critical issue.
- A cash amount can be deposited in your account at any Airtel Payments Banking Point with the help of a Secure KEY, which is an OTP (One-time password) you will receive on your registered mobile phone number, followed by the amount to be deposited.
Please Note: There is no limit on the number of times you update your registered mobile number. You can change and update it as many times as you wish to do.
Steps to Change Mobile Number In Airtel Payment Bank
Suppose you are holding a Savings account or Current account with the Airtel Payments Bank and you have changed your existing registered mobile number for some reason, or you have lost it, or it is damaged. Now, you want to change your registered mobile number in your bank account. To do so, keep reading this post to know the detailed information and follow the below-written easy and hassle-free guidance in this regard:
- You should know that your ten-digit registered mobile number is your Airtel Payments Bank account number. Therefore, your existing mobile number linked to your account can not be changed.
- You will have to close the Airtel Payments Bank account, for which you want to change your registered mobile number.
- You will have to open a new bank account with the new registered mobile number you want to update/change therein.
Please Note: You can not directly change your registered mobile number because, by doing so, your account number will also be changed and will not match with the bank’s records. Hence, you can not proceed to use the bank’s services with a new mobile number.
|Customer Care Number||400, 8800688006|
A Quick Wrap-Up
By following the above-described detailed information and straightforward step-by-step easy guidance, you must have learned to change your registered mobile number to use an Airtel Payments Bank account.
However, suppose you are still facing some difficulties or having any confusion or issues in connection with closing your account and opening a new account in place of that with a new mobile number, you can contact the Airtel Payments Bank’s customer support team by telling them your issues at their Call Center Phone Number: 400 (For Airtel Payments Bank Customers) and at 8800688006 (For Other operators).
You can also write an email request regarding closing the bank account linked to the registered mobile number you want to change and send it to Airtel Payments Bank’s Customer Care official email ID: [email protected].
They will shortly respond to your concern to help and guide you through accordingly and satisfactorily so that your account will be closed within 8-10 days.
Disclaimer: You must know that these numbers are not toll-free numbers. Instead, you will have to pay the applicable charges according to the standard calling rates