The State Bank of India (also known as SBI) offers a digital payment service, SBI UPI, to its customers. This banking service allows users to avail themselves of the benefits of a variety of customer-friendly facilities, such as instant money transfer, checking their account balance, viewing transaction history, generating QR codes for payments, and many other facilities.
However, a majority of the crores of SBI UPI users are currently facing some technical issues with this service. On account of this, when they enter their UPI PIN to view and check the account balance in SBI through Phonepe, Google Pay, Paytm etc, some messages are displayed on their handset devices, stating that SBI is unable to fetch the balance due to some technical issues. Please try again after some time.
There can be many reasons for the SBI UPI service not working, and you should know how to fix this problem. In this article, we are going to explore more details about the subjects mentioned above. Just stick around and continue going through this blog post to attain a good understanding of how to fix the UPI Issue in your bank account in SBI. Now it’s time to quickly get started to delve deeper into the complete article without wasting any time. But, before that, we should try to learn why SBI UPI services are not working.
Why Are SBI UPI Services Not Working?
Here are some common reasons why SBI UPI service is not working, as mentioned hereunder:
1. Due to Server Downtime – It may happen that sometimes, UPI servers may experience downtime or they may undergo maintenance work. Under these circumstances, until the UPI servers are back up, their services will not work.
2. Due to Poor Internet Connectivity – It needs a strong and stable Internet connection to use the UPI digital payment services. Otherwise, they may not work correctly.
3. Due to Technical Issues – sometimes, due to some technical issues, SBI UPI services may not work for some time. In such a case, it is best to try again later after a few hours.
How To Fix UPI Issue In Your Bank SBI
Suppose you are a customer of the State Bank Of India (or SBI) with a Savings Bank Account and/or a Current Account there. You have been using SBI UPI services for quite some time.
Now, it is happening to you that when you enter your UPI PIN linked to your SBI bank account, a message will be displayed on your mobile phone stating that due to some technical issues, your account balance can not be fetched. Please try again later. In such a case you can quickly try these potential solutions to fix this problem by following some easy stepwise methods:
- You can check SBI UPI Servers to ensure that the services for SBI UPI not working are not due to any server issue or maintenance work being done.
- You can check to ensure that you have a strong and stable internet connection. Otherwise, you can try other options, such as switching to a different network, restarting your handset device, or checking your data plan.
- You can check to ensure that you are using the newest and the most up-to-date version of the SBI UPI application installed on your handset device. Otherwise, you must update the newest version of the application from the app store.
- Sometimes, it may happen that clearing the cache and data of the SBI UPI application can be helpful in resolving the issue. So, You can reach out to the settings of your handset device to select the SBI UPI application and get the cache and data cleared.
However, if none of the above-mentioned methods are helpful in resolving the SBI UPI not working issue, you must follow these effortless processes in this regard:
A. By Relinking your SBI Bank Account to the UPI App
Suppose you have installed the PhonePe application on your mobile phone to use the SBI UPI services. Just follow these steps:
Step 1. Open the PhonePe application on your handset and click on the profile icon at the top left side of your mobile screen.
Step 2. Click on the “State Bank of India” option on the next screen. Then click on the “Unlink Bank Account” option on the next screen. After that, a message about unlinking your bank account will be displayed on your mobile screen. Click on the “Unlink” option there.
Step 3. Next, click on the “Add Bank Account” option on the next screen. Then click on the “State Bank of India” option on the next screen to relink your SBI bank account under the popular banks segment. Then click on the “Done” option.
After that, a message from SBI will be displayed on your mobile screen, stating that it is unable to fetch the balance due to technical issues. Please try again after some time. It means that you are entering your UPI PIN correctly, and no other reason is there for the SBI UPI not working.
So, in case of a technical glitch, it is the best advice to wait for some hours and try again later for it.
B. By Contacting the SBI Customer Support Team
You can also try another method. Contact the Customer Support team of the State Bank of India by making a call at their Toll-Free helpline number: 18001234. The concerned bank officials will tell you the facts about the current situation regarding the SBI UPI not working, such as the bank having undertaken technology upgradation, on account of which users may face intermittent fluctuations/problems in the SBI UPI services. SBI will shortly update.
However, you should patiently follow the bank’s suggestions to resolve the above-mentioned issue and wait until the SBI UPI services starts working again. That’s it. By following the above-discussed critical information and quick methods, you can easily understand how to fix the UPI not working Issue in your bank in SBI.
The Bottom Line
In this article, we have provided you with detailed information about some common reasons why SBI UPI services are not working and effortless processes for how to fix UPI issues in your bank SBI phonepe, google pay and paytm app. Hopefully, you will enjoy going through this blog post and can quickly get through the above-instructed processes yourself.