ICICI Bank is the leading player in the private banking sector of India. ICICI Bank has a good reputation in the industry for its unique banking services and facilities. It offers different savings bank account with incredible facilities.
The banking features with the types of savings account get customized to meet the individual needs of the customers. The saving accounts offered at ICICI Bank are diverse. If you want to open an account with ICICI Bank, you need to learn about the provided features with different types of account and select the one that suits your needs perfectly.
On this page, you will learn about the different saving account at ICICI Bank and the minimum balance maintenance amount along with the penalty charges for non-maintenance.
Types of Savings Accounts at ICICI Bank
- Titanium Privilege Savings Account
- Gold Privilege Savings Account
- Silver Savings Account
- Regular Savings Account
- Young Stars & Smart Star Account
- Advantage Woman Savings Account
- Senior Citizens Savings Account
- Basic Savings Account
- Pocket Savings Account
Few other Savings account
- Freedom Savings Account
- Professional Savings Account
- Special Savings Account
ICICI Saving Acount Interest rates 2018
ICICI Bank revised the interest rates on the account deposits. The account holders will get 3.5% Interest rates for deposits less than Rs 50 Lakhs while for the deposits more than Rs 50 Lakhs, the interest rate is 4%.
|Saving Deposits||Interest Rate (% p.a.)|
|Saving Deposit Balance Below 50 Lacs||3.50|
|Saving Deposit Balance Above 50 Lacs||4.00|
The minimum account balance maintenance amount for savings accounts at ICICI Bank 2018
- The minimum account balance maintenance amount in Titanium Privilege Savings Account is Rs 125000 monthly.
- If you open Gold Privilege Savings Account with ICICI Bank, you need to maintain a minimum monthly balance of Rs 50000.
- For Silver Savings Account, the monthly minimum account balance maintenance is Rs 25, 000.
- For Regular Savings Account in Metro and Urban areas, the monthly minimum account balance maintenance amount is Rs 10, 000, for semi-urban areas the minimum balance is Rs 5000, and for the rural area, the minimum balance is Rs 2000.
- The minimum account balance maintenance amount for Young Stars & Smart Star Account is Rs 2, 500.
- For Advantage Woman Savings Account, the minimum account balance maintenance amount is Rs 10000.
- After opening a Senior Citizens Savings Account at ICICI Bank, you have to maintain a minimum account balance of Rs 4500.
- Minimum Account Balance for Young Stars and Smart Star Account is Rs 2500.
- Basic Savings Account is a zero balance account for which you need not keep any minimum account balance.
- For Pocket Savings Account, there is no requirement of maintaining the minimum balance.
|Type of Saving Account||Monthly Minimum Average balance (MAB)||Penalty Charges|
|Titanium Privilege Account||Rs 125000||Rs. 100 + 2% of the shortfall in required MAB or Rs. 500 whichever is lower|
|Gold Privilege Savings Account||Rs. 50000||“|
|Silver Savings Account||Rs.25000||“|
|Regular Savings Account||Metro/Urban – Rs. 10000|
Semi-urban – Rs. 5000
Rural – Rs. 2000
Gramin – Rs. 1000
Rs. 100 + 5% of the shortfall in required MAB
Gramin: 5% of the shortfall in required MAB
|Advantage Woman Savings Account||Rs. 10000||Rs. 100 + 5% of the shortfall in required MAB|
|Senior Citizens Savings Account||Rs. 4500||“|
|Young Stars Account||Rs.2500||5% of the shortfall in required MAB|
|Basic Savings Account||Zero||Zero|
|Blue PrivilegeSavings Account||Rs. 10000||Rs. 100 + 5% of the shortfall in required MAB|
|Pockets Savings Account||Zero||Zero|
Penalty charges for non-maintenance of the minimum account balance 2018
ICICI Bank charges a penalty for non-maintenance of minimum account balance ranging from Rs 250 to Rs 350 as applicable on a monthly basis. Previously, the charges were Rs 750 and based on a quarterly basis.
- Titanium Privilege Savings Account and Gold Privilege Savings Account – Rs 100 + 2% of the shortfall required to reach the minimum account balance requirement or Rs 500 whichever is lower.
- Silver Saving Account 100+ 5% of the gap needed to achieve minimum account balance or Rs 500 whichever is lower.
- Regular Savings Account- 100+ 5% of the shortfall required to reach the minimum account balance
- For Advantage Woman Savings Account the penalty charge for non-maintenance is Rs 100 + 5% of the shortfall amount needed to achieve minimum account balance.
- For Young Stars and Smart Star Account, the penalty charge is 5% of the shortfall amount required for the minimum account balance.
- For Senior Citizen Savings Account ICICI charge penalty of 5% of the shortfall amount required for the minimum account balance.
You must have the correct info about the minimum account balance maintenance and the penalty charges for non-maintenance. You can select the account as applicable for you. Enjoy the banking services without any penalty.
To collect more info about different savings account at ICICI Bank you can either visit the branch or visit the official website.