Aadhar Card turned as one of the important identity proof documents in recent years. Indians use Aadhar Card for several purposes. Name, address, photo, and date of birth details get printed on the Aadhar Card for which it turned as one of the essential documents of identity proof.
Due to the typing errors, any of the individual details may get printed wrong. It is important to verify the errors and get the mistakes corrected. On this page, you will learn to correct the printed issues of the date of birth on the Aadhar card online and offline.
After making the corrections, you will receive a new Aadhar card with the details printed correctly. There are different methods of modifying errors printed on Aadhar Card.
#1 Change Date of Birth in Aadhar Card Online
Step 1: Visit the official website of Aadhar card https://www.uidai.gov.in and click on Address Update Request online.
Step 2: To submit your update and correction request, click on proceed button as shown in the image below.
Step 3: Next enter your Aadhar number and enter captcha code as shown in image for text verification. Click on Send OTP to get a one-time password to your registered mobile number.
Step 4: Now enter OTP received to your registered mobile number and click the Login button.
Step 5: Select the DOB option and click the Submit button.
Step 6: Enter the correct date of birth and click on Submit Update Request.
Step 5: Confirm your submission details and click the Modify button.
Step 6: Now select the document of your choice from the list of different documents. Upload the original copy of that document and click the Submit button.
Step 7: Just select the BPO service provider and click the submit button. Your update request will be submitted successfully. URN number will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Previously, it was possible to request to modify date of birth details by accessing the online portal. But, recently, the online process has stopped.
#2 Change Date of Birth in Aadhar Card Online Offline
- Visit the nearest enrollment centre. You need to visit the nearest Aadhar Card Center.
- You need to carry the original Aadhar card and also a photocopy of the card. Make sure to carry the original document for the date of birth proof and a photocopy of the document.
- Visit the nearest Aadhar enrollment centre and share your problem with the executive.
- You need to fill up a form providing the details and undersign it. Deposit the form and make sure to attach the relevant document's photocopy.
- You will receive a receipt with a reference number. You can use the reference number to check the status of your request, online.
#3 Date of Birth Update Request in Aadhar Card via Post
- First of all, you need to download a form online for requesting a correction in Aadhar Card. Print the downloaded form and fill the details as required.
- Tick-mark the box for Date of Birth correction and sign the form.
- Attach the self-attested copies of the relevant documents, i.e., Aadhar card and date of birth proof.
- Make sure to mention the Aadhar card number and mobile number on the copies of the documents.
Send the form with the supporting documents via speed post to
Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara,
Madhya Pradesh - 480001, India
Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad - 500034, India
These are the three active methods of requesting to modify date of birth in the Aadhar Card online and offline. Within few days, you will receive the modified Aadhar card by post.