Government of India has started a new rule that every bank account must have KYC. Previously KYC concept was there but it was not mandatory to have KYC for every bank account thus there were negligence from both customers as well as banks end.
Now, not only you have to submit your KYC form along with the documents required to your bank but you also need to help with the updated information during ‘Periodic Updation‘ process conducted by the bank. If you have bank account in SBI and wondering about information regarding SBI KYC Form and List of documents required then this article is for you.
Download SBI KYC Form
You may visit your nearest SBI bank to get KYC form or visit this link – Kyc for individuals to download the form from online or Go to the last section of sbi download page to ‘Download KRA Forms‘ and download ‘KYC CVL form‘.
How to Fill KYC Form in SBI?
Fill up SBI KYC form is very easy. The KYC form has three different sections: A, B and C. Section A contains all the details related to your identity such as name of applicant, father’s or spouse name, gender, marital status, date of birth, nationality, PAN and your photograph.
Section B contains all the details related to your Address such as correspondent and permanent address, proof of address provided and contact mobile and landline numbers. Section C contains other details such as gross annual income, occupation, declaration and signature of the applicant.
List Valid documents for SBI KYC form fill-up for Account opening, address change, credit card, PPF account and joint account (ndividual):
Documents for proof of identity:
- PAN card along with the photograph (Mandatory)*
- Driving license
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar card
- NREGA Card
- Photo ID card issued by any state or central government department, credit or debit card along with photo issued by banks, photo ID issued by banks, selected colleges and professional bodies.
Documents for proof of address:
- Insurance copy with address mentioned
- Aadhaar Card (its best proof works anywhere in India)
- Flat maintenance bill with address
- Driving license on present address
- Registered lease or sale agreement containing your address
- Ration card with address
- Voter Id card
- Landline, electricity or gas bill
- Bank passbook with updated statement or bank account statement
- Self-declaration of Supreme Court or High Court judges
- Address proof issued by selected bank managers or Gazetted officers
- Notary public
- Elected politicians
- Salary Slip
- Pension Payment Orders issued to retired employees by Government Departments
- Identity card with address issued by any state or central government department, credit or debit card along with photo issued by banks, photo ID issued by banks, selected colleges and professional bodies
KYC documents for NRIs:
Passport and Residence Visa Copies duly attested by
SBI Kyc documents for Companies (Non Individuals):
- Identity & address proof of the proprietor
- Registration certificate
- Certificate issued by the Municipal authorities
- Sales and income tax returns
- CST/VAT certificate
- Registration document issued by Tax authorities
- Total Income Tax return in the name of the sole proprietor (duly authenticated/ acknowledged by the Income Tax Authorities)
- Electricity, water, and landline telephone bills in the name of the proprietary
- As PAN card is mandatory for bank accounts it can serve as identify proof of any individual. You need to have at least one valid address proof to submit along with your PAN card to complete SBI KYC process.
- Remember that you have to submit copies of these original documents. All these documents need to be self- attested by the applicant. You also need to carry the original documents with you while submitting the SBI KYC form to your bank branch. The officer may ask you to show the original documents before accepting your request.
- If minor is less than 10 years of age, identity proof of the person who will operate the account to be submitted.
We hope this article has provided you the required information regarding SBI KYC form and list of documents required to complete this process.