In the year 2019, the Government of India introduced a 10% reservation provision in direct recruitment in civil services jobs and some other government schemes for the people who belong to the Economically Weaker Sections (or EWS) category. It failed to cover any different reservation schemes such as SC, ST, and OBC categories.
The application process to avail of the benefits of the EWS category reservation for various recruitment and entrance exams and other government schemes require some documents used to provide a special quota or reservation to the applicant. One of those documents is the EWS Certificate. If you are applying for an EWS Certificate, then you should know about the documents required For an EWS certificate. Let us get started.
What Is An EWS Certificate?
The EWS category is a sub-category that was recently introduced by the Government Of India under the General category and is quite different type from other categories like OBC, ST, and SC. However, you should know that EWS Certificate is considered an income certificate and is not a caste certificate.
For example, suppose you need to apply for a recruitment or entrance exam and are covered under this category. In such a case, you can receive an EWS Certificate issued by the competent authority and enclose this document to your application. For issuance of the EWS Certificate, you are required to apply for it and produce the essential documents as required for it.
What Is The EWS Certificate Eligibility Criteria?
The requirements for getting the EWS certificate are as follows:
1. You should essentially belong to the general category.
2. The total annual income of your family from all resources should not exceed Rs. 8 lakhs, which includes the income from salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc.
3. You should know that, however, if the total annual income of your family is less than Rs. 8 lakhs. But if your family owns the property as mentioned below, then you will not be included under the EWS category, such as:
- They should not have 5 acres of agricultural land and above.
- Their residential property area should not be 1000 sq ft. and above.
- Their residential plot area should not be 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipal areas.
- Their residential plot area should not be 200 square yards or above in areas other than the notified municipal areas.
- To determine the EWS status, the total properties from all the family members will be associated together.
- The candidate seeking for the advantages of EWS category reservation will be included in the term “Family” along with his/her parents and sisters or brothers below the age of 18 years as also their spouse and children below the age of 18 years.
List Documents Required For EWS Certificate
These are the necessary documents required to be attached to the application form to issue an EWS Certificate, such as:
- Recent Passport-sized photograph of the applicant.
- Aadhaar card of the applicant.
- Income Certificate
- Document of ID Proof, such as Pan card, Voter ID, etc., of the applicant.
- Documents as proof of the land or property of the applicant.
- Affidavit or Self Declaration from the applicant.
- Residential proof documents or a Domicile Certificate from the applicant.
- And other related documents from the applicant as per the rules and regulations applicable to the different States and Union Territories in India.
So this way, you can easily and quickly learn about the list of EWS CertificateDocuments Required.
Important Concluding Final Thoughts
That’s all in this article to provide you with the best of our knowledge and information. We expect this post will serve you to quench your queries to quickly learn about What Are the Documents Required For EWS Certificate?
As far as the validity of the EWS Certificate is concerned, you should know that the Income certificate and assets certificates will be valid for a particular period of time. And the validity of the EWS certificate is determined by the designated authority of the states. However, the validity of an EWS certificate is usually considered as one year from the date of its issue.
Suppose you are planning to use an EWS certificate for the aim of admission or recruitment. In such a case, you must check whether your income certificate is valid or not to avoid any problems at the time of applying for the same.