The banking system of our country has an extensive network and it provides security to a lot of citizens. However, cooperative banking institutions have had their roots in the Indian banking system for a long. Saraswat Bank is an urban cooperative banking institution having its headquarters in Mumbai.
It is operational as a cooperative society since 1918. The members of this bank get special facilities like commercial banking, private banking, and retail banking. Saraswat bank is the first cooperative bank to provide merchant banking services. In addition to this, the bank is also granted a permanent license to deal in foreign exchange.
Moreover, Saraswat bank has also started making extra efforts to increase security levels for their privileged customers. This is the reason that they have started sharing encrypted files as attachments in the form of PDF as an account statement. PDF means ‘portable document file‘. It is a standard way started by the banks to exchange information with their customers.
Steps to Open PDF password of Saraswat bank Statement
By following the given steps you will be able to locate and open the PDF format of a statement from Saraswat Bank:
- First of all, as soon as you receive a notification from the bank about the bank statement go to your mail ID which was registered with the bank.
- Then you must locate the email received from Saraswat bank. Open the mail and read all the instructions given in the email.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the email, you will find a PDF attachment. In case you have a PDF file viewer you can click on the PDF attachment directly and choose the PDF viewer option. Otherwise, you need to download a good PDF viewer and follow the same process.
- As soon as you click on the PDF file it will show a message that the file is password protected. Then you must use your customer ID given on the passbook provided by Saraswat Bank.
- In case you are not able to locate the customer ID, you must call on the helpline number of the bank. The bank officials will provide you with the required help. Alternatively, you can visit your Saraswat bank branch and ask for the customer ID.
- After getting the customer ID you need to fill it in the required blank space and click on the submit or open button. As soon as you click on the button, the PDF format of the statement will open and you will be able to track all your transactions. This file can be downloaded and kept safe for any future reference on the required device. The file stays for 6 months on the device.
Bank issues statements to provide a handy tool to its customers to keep a check on the activities of their accounts. It also helps in tracking transactions, finances, identifying errors if any, and keeping their spending habits in check too.
The PDF format is the safest way sorted by the bank for the exchange of information with their customers. It is not only safe but also works incompatibly with most of the gadgets be it a laptop or mobile devices.