Plastic money, aka Credit and Debit cards have speeded up the financial activities by manifolds and humans are dependent on them for day to day activities. We are so much dependent on these cards and that's why they have become prone to risk factor.
Their use and misuse both have sped up proportionally. Fraudulent misuses of such cases on a daily basis are being recorded and in order to safeguard the financial gateways, banks have come up with the concept of Virtual Credit Cards. The VCC concept surfaced to provide the customers with a safe side solution for transactions.
What is Virtual Credit Card?
A Virtual Credit Card is a temporary card which has no materialistic body, but more of like virtual existence. These cards are meant for one time use and come with a pre loaded amount and fixed validity. The card can be used to make online purchases without the use of actual Credit/ Debit card and it will automatically expire after one time use.
Such is the security of this card that it leaves no chance of misuse or frauds. When this card is incepted, you will be provided some crucial details like CC number, CVC, Name, Expiry date, etc. However, the moment it is used for the first it will expire instantly.
How VCC protects from Misuse?
While the VCC is being created, a specific amount of credit information as well as credit amount is allocated. The user has to himself/ herself put the mandatory information within the box and the bank will store the user information as specified.
It helps to grant transaction during the need and expired afterwards. This reduced the risk factor drastically. Several Banks like SBI, HDFC, ICICI and AXIS bank avail the facility of Virtual Credit card and the account holders of these banks can enjoy this super secure facility by creating their own VCC.
Here is a brief guide on how to create a Virtual Credit card in HDFC, ICICI and Axis Bank:
How to create VCC for HDFC?
- Visit the HDFC Netsafe Service page and Click on "Login to Netsafe" button or link.
- Click on Register button on the next screen.
- Click on "I accept" button from the following screen.
- Enter the details like HDFC Credit/Debit Card number, expiry details etc.
- Click on Submit after filling the details.
- Enter the Phone Number, Secure text or code and other Personal Information.
- Enter a Unique and secure passwords and username for your account. This will make your account registered.
- Generate a VCC card and login to enter the amount you would like to allocate to the card.
- Click Go and you are done!
How to create VCC for ICICI Bank?
- The account holders of ICICI bank need to access and login their net banking account.
- Click on Ad on Visa card and follow the prescribed procedure.
- Enjoy the VCC facility.
How to create VCC for Axis Banks?
- Axis bank holders can avail this facility via e shops.
- Go to e shop and register yourself there.
- To visit e shop, log on to www.axisbank.com
- Select the preferred e shop option and click on register.
- Follow the simple two step procedure
- Put the details of the Credit card and Number, and you are done!
Hope this information is helpful to create a Virtual credit card for you!