Punjab National Bank (पंजाब नैशनल बैंक) is a public sector bank which was founded long back in 1894. The bank has over 6900 Branches and 9900 ATM which covers approximately 764 cities.
The bank provides services to a huge client based and the quality of services is at par with any private banking institute. With the increasing dependency on technology, PNB also launched its mobile banking platform which enables the user to do any transaction from his smartphone.
Three popular ways of using PNB Mobile Banking on a handheld device are:
- Banking through SMS
- Banking through Mobile Browser
- Banking through Application on mobile.
Here in this article, we have provided the ways of activating the service for all three medium.
जानिए पंजाब नैशनल बैंक मे मोबाइल बैंकिंग चालू करने के तरीके ।
1. Net Banking customers can register for mobile banking by logging in their Internet Banking:
>Go Personal Settings
>Register for Mobile Banking
2. Activate Through branch:
Submit request form PNB -1167 (mobile). To download form, visit https://www.pnbindia.in/download-form.html#DBD and click on internet banking link, form is available there.
3. Activate Through ATM
>Swipe the ATM card and Select Option Other ‘Services‘
>Mobile Banking Registration on PNB ATMs.
>On other bank ATMs and choose Mobile Banking Registration option after entering your ATM Pin.
Here are different ways to use PNB banking on Mobile:
PNB mobile Banking through Application
This one is the most convenient format for use on mobile as it provides with a huge pallet of service. Here is how you can activate the Mobile Application.
1. First of all, you require a smartphone which is running on Android, IOS, Symbian or Blackberry as the application is compatible with these mobile operating system. Now you need to download the PNB mBanking app from the application store. For example, the application can be downloaded from App Store in Apple and from Google Play Store in Android. Now open application and follow further steps.
2. Once the application in installed, initialize the application. If you have user id, just enter that id and click continue button. If you are activating PNB mobile banking, click the link ‘https://mobile.netpnb.com‘ given at the bottom.
3. Now next click ‘online user registration‘ button, and after reading term and conditions click the ‘continue‘ button.
4. Further enter your account number and tick register for mobile banking, then click ‘next‘ button.
5. Enter One time password sent on your registered mobile number and click on ‘next’ button.
6. Further you have to provide debit card details. Enter debit card number and atm pin, the click on ‘next‘ button.
7. Finally set sms password for user id by entering it two times and click on ‘submit‘ button. Now you are registered for pnb Mobile banking, note down User id and don’t forget sms password.
Setting MPIN for PNB mobile Banking
1. Again Initialize the application, you will be asked to enter the user ID hence enter the details and click on the ‘continue‘ button.
2. Once the user ID is authenticated, A One-Time Password will be send on you registered mobile number. Enter the 6 digit sms OTP in the application to authorize the access and click on the ‘Activate‘ Button.
3. The next step is to set a password for the mobile application hence you will be prompted to enter a 4 digit MPIN. You would require to memorize this MPIN as it is the only thing that you would need to access your account and carry on the transaction from your mobile application.
4. Once you have entered the MPIN, you will be asked to re-enter the MPIN. The logic behind this is to prevent any error. And once you click on the Continue button, your mobile banking application is active.
You can now login and enjoy all the services well within the reach of your hand.
SMS Based Mobile Banking
To activate the Mobile Banking service on SMS user simply needs to SMS the code word for the desired service to 5607040 or 9264092640. It can only be done through the registered mobile number.
For example to check the balance, the SMS should be ‘BAL 745684**********, the number represents the 16 digit mobile number. Check out all other ways to check out PNB account Balance through sms banking.
GPRS Based Mobile Banking
The Mobile Banking service is already active for the use on mobile browser and you can access your account by simply logging in to mobile.netpnb.com. This just requires a working internet connection on the mobile.