Indian Government declared to link Aadhaar Number with PAN Number as a mandatory rule. The applicable rule is effective from 1st July 2017. Linking the Aadhaar Number with PAN Number is essential for the filing of IT returns.
The Taxpayers face technical error while linking UIDAI with PAN. The persons facing troubles while linking Aadhaar Number with PAN Number must learn about the possible methods to solve the technical errors.
You need to follow the step by step procedure without making any mistakes for linking Aadhaar Number with PAN Number. For some technical errors, you could get an unsuccessful message ‘Authentication Failed‘. You must learn about the reasons for failure!
If Name, Date of Birth and Gender as in the PAN database will not match with Aadhaar Database, you will fail to link UIDAI with PAN
If you entered an invalid or incorrect UIDAI Number that doesn’t exist in the Database, you would get the unsuccessful message.
Sometimes due to heavy load on server, it shows error. Try again after 30 minutes interval with correct details until you succeed.
Requesting for changing the name and other details via Portal
Earlier you had to visit the E-Filing Portal and login to your account. But, now, you don’t need to login to the e-Filing portal or IT portal. Follow the steps to link UIDAI with PAN.
- Access the e-Filing official website.
- Scroll the page to find ‘Link Aadhaar‘ link below Services.
- Click on the link to proceed ahead in the process.
- You will get directed to a new page where you need to enter the details, i.e., PAN Number, Aadhar Number, and Name as per Aadhaar.
- The next step is to enter the Captcha code as shown in the image and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’ button.
You have to wait for some time depending on the server and network speed! If the entered data of UIDAI matches with the PAN data from IT Department data, the screen will display the Successful message of linking UIDAI and PAN.
Linking UIDAI with PAN via SMS
- You can access the SMS facility and link Aadhar with PAN. Make sure to send the SMS from the same mobile number registered with Aadhaar and IT department.
- Type the code- UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar Number><10 Digit PAN Number>.
- Send the code to 567678 or 56161.
If you entered the correct data and the data matches, you will receive the successful message of linking UIDAI with PAN.
If you still face the technical error, you need to cross check the data and correct the mistakes.
Change the name and other details on PAN Card
- If the name is incorrect or doesn’t match, visit the e-Filing Portal and click on ‘Links to Correct Name‘ under Services Tab.
- You will get directed to a new page displaying two links. You need to select one of the links, i.e., NSDL or UIDAI, in which you want to correct the name.
- If you need to correct the name in PAN card as per the Aadhar Card, you have to submit a fresh KYC and update the name with the Bank, Mutual Funds including other investments.
- You have to pay the processing fee for PAN application as applicable.
- You can update and correct the name online as well as offline.
Change the name and other details on Aadhaar Card
You can update and correct the name and other details on Aadhaar Card. You can either submit the request online or offline.
Make sure to fulfill the requirements of changing or updating the Aadhar details.
The simplest way to solve the error
The IT Department also declared a simple solution for people facing troubles to solve technical errors
There are several ways to solve the technical error and link UIDAI with PAN. Pick the best way as would be easy for you!