Do you have plans to open generic medicine shop with Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi store? The Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana is indeed a great initiative by the Government of India for selling generic medicines in the market at a reasonable price. Several reputed medicine brands sell the medicines at higher prices which get burdened on the widespread poverty across India.
Now the people below the poverty line can purchase the equivalent medicines of same constituents at a reasonable price from the dedicated outlets. The Jan Aushadhi campaign is beneficial for the country and the widespread poverty.
Collect the complete information about the scheme
If you want to open a generic medicine store under the scheme, you must have the complete information. You must learn about the eligibility criteria before you take initiatives to start the store.
The Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India- BPPI, Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers launched the campaign to meet the growing requirements of generic medicines at a reasonable price.
Initially, the plans were to open one store in every district, but now the plans are to open stores in sub-divisional levels including villages and major towns.
Points to remember
- Individuals, State Government, appointed Agencies and NGOs can set up the Jan Aushadhi store after fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
- The interested person, agency or NGO must have their own space to set up a store. If the available space is rented, the tenant must show a valid rental agreement of the space.
- Space also must meet the required standards of BPPI for which the applicant must provide the layout and design of the space.
- The applicant must have a qualified Pharmacist as well as a computer operator to work at the store.
- The applicant must have the financial ability to operate the store.
- The infrastructure and facilities available at space/store
- The store must have basic facilities including racks or shelves to store the medicines. A counter to handover the medicines and issue bills is also essential.
- The store must have a refrigerator to store certain medicines safely at specific temperatures. It is essential to follow the guidelines for storing medicines as stated in the Drugs and Cosmetic Act.
- There should be a computer and printer at the store for generating computerized bills. Take note of the computer’s configuration. (Pentium IV/ Dual-Core Processor, 1-2GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 (32bit)/ Windows 8 Operating System and good and updated antivirus software.) The store requires a TVSE MSP240-250 Series, 80 Column Dot Matrix Printer. To use the computer and printer, you need 500 VA UPS.
- Internet and landline connection at the store is a must. The internet connection speed must be at least 512KBPS.
- There must be two display boards over the store, one vertical and another horizontal. The signage boards must get designed as per the BPPI guidelines. The board must also include the logo, color, and language.
- You have to appoint three staffs at the store at your own expenses. The essential guidelines
- You must hold a Drug License and other permissions essential to operate the drug store.
- At the store, you can only sell the medicines supplied by BPPI.
- You must have proper arrangements at the store for medicine storage.
- You have to use the software provided by BPPI for billing the medicines.
- The store must remain open from 8:00 AM- 8:00 PM or may even require to open the store round the clock.
The eligibility criteria
- If you are an individual applying for Jan Aushadhi Shop, you must be a pharmacist or a registered medical practitioner or a doctor.
- If you are applying for Jan Aushadhi store as an NGO or institution or charitable society, the organization must be successfully operating for at least three years.
- If you are applying as a State Government Nominated Agency, the State Government must identify your agency and make arrangements to free up space within the hospital premises.
You must have sufficient finances to operate the medicine store. You have to provide relevant documents supporting your financial stability.
Financial aid provided by BPPI
If you are applying as a State Government Agency, you will receive one-time financial aid up to Rs 2 Lakhs for store establishment. BPPI will also provide up to Rs 50000 in the initial phase as the one-time startup cost for purchasing a computer, including the required software.
If you are applying as an individual or as NGO, BPPI provides a margin of 16% on the medicine’s MRP. You are also eligible for 10% incentive based on the monthly sales amount. You will get an incentive of 15% if the store’s location is in the North Eastern States or tribal or Naxal affected areas.
Application Process for State Government Nominated Agencies
BPPI will inform the State Government for opening Jan Aushadhi Store in the state. The Department of Health of the State will identify and nominate a capable operating agency for opening the store.
The Department of Health will also contact the District Hospital Authority and issue a notice for providing a minimum space of 120 SqFt within the hospital premises. The Government Nominated Agency will get the space free of cost.
The Nominated Agency must have a sale license or a retail drug license in the name of the Jan Aushadhi Store. The agency also has to provide clear proof of appointing a pharmacist with computer knowledge.
You have to provide the details, i.e., registration number and name, of the pharmacist.
Application Process for NGOs and Individuals
NGOs and Individuals can apply under the Jan Aushadhi scheme by the issued advertisements or suomoto option with a complete application form. You need to provide supporting documents of the owned or leased space. You need to fulfill the minimum space requirement standard as specified by BPPI.
You must also hold a sale license from the competent authority. You have to appoint a certified pharmacist with computer knowledge and provide the relevant document to support the claim. You have to attach relevant documentation supporting your financial stability, i.e., audited account statement of 3 years for NGOs and Bank Statement of 3 years for individuals or a loan sanction letter from the bank.
Where to send the application form along with the relevant documents?
The applicants need to send the application form along with the relevant documents and a Demand Draft of Rs 2000. The Demand Draft amount is nonrefundable and must be drawn in favor of BPPI Payable at Gurgaon to The General Manager (A&F), Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertakings of India (BPPI), IDPL Corporate Office, IDPL Complex, Old Delhi Gurgaon Road, Dundahera, Gurgaon–122016, Haryana.
Before applying for opening a generic medicine shop with Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana, go through the eligibility criteria, essential guidelines, and the points to remember, infrastructure requirements, financial aid and application process.
Fulfilling the criteria is a must! Don’t skip a single point to avoid confusion. Once you understand every feature of the scheme, initiate your steps towards fulfilling your aim of opening Jan Aushadhi Store in your area.
Pl guide for Jan aushdhi store in ilkal in karanataka for ilkal sahakar sangh niyamita
medicine affordable to poor
NO LOSS N Profit Basus
Pl Send detail mail
dear sir/madam I want to open jan aushdi kender at hisar near by Cantt.
i wish to start prathan mantri bharathiya jan aushadhi kendra generic medical store and wish to do distributor are a dealer in Tamil Nadu at Chennai at west mambalam,k.k.nagar,saligramam.
please send me all details in my mail application too.
Pl guide for Jan aushdhi store in pune for NGO
Narlex servomedi foundation
medicine affordable to poor
NO LOSS N Profit Basus
Pl Send detail mail
we have already medical shop. we wish to keep generic medicine along with standard medicine.