Bharti Airtel Limited is also known as Airtel. It is an Indian private multinational company headquartered in New Delhi. It started its operations in July 1995 with the view to provide telecommunications services across the nation.
Airtel FASTag is a contactless and cashless method of collecting toll payments at the toll plazas.
What is FASTag?
Before proceeding with the ways to learn about using the FASTag, one should know what is FASTag.
FASTag is a technology introduced by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highway, i.e. by the Ministry of the Indian Government in October 2017 to offer a nationwide toll solution. It is developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). Currently, there are over six-hundred devices of FASTag that can be found at the toll plazas across the country.
Since December 2019, FASTag has been made compulsory for the toll payments at all the National Highways for all four-wheeler vehicles and above. So now, the users which are not having FASTag are charged double the fee for passing through the FASTag only lanes.
As soon as the vehicle approaches the toll plaza, the FASTag user can easily scan his FASTag with the help of the tag reader present there. It enables the FASTag user to pay the toll amount digitally; avoiding cash payments and long queues as well.
Ways To Check Airtel FASTag Balance
Airtel Payments Bank FASTag is a readable card that is compact. It enables the users to pay their toll taxes at the toll plazas automatically with the help of the FASTag device placed on their vehicles. The payment gets deducted either from the bank account linked to their FASTag accounts or through the e-wallets.
There are numerous methods by which an individual can check his Airtel Payments Bank FASTag balance easily but the most commonly used four methods are:
- Checking Airtel FASTag balance through the missed call method
- Checking Airtel FASTag balance through the SMS method
- Checking Airtel FASTag balance through the website or online portal method
- Checking Airtel FASTag balance through the MyAirtel application method
These methods are discussed one-by-one in detail as under:
1. Check Airtel FASTag Balance Using Missed Call Number
One of the most common ways by which a FASTag user can check his Airtel FASTag balance most conveniently is the missed call method. This method does not require any internet connection to get the details of the Airtel FASTag balance.
Through this method, the FASTag user needs to give a missed call to the toll-free number 01204725873. As soon as the missed call is placed, the individual receives a message on their registered mobile number with the details of the available FASTag balance in his Airtel FASTag account.
2. Check Airtel FASTag Balance Through SMS
This is the second most convenient method after the missed call method. This message also does not require an active internet connection to let the user know his available Airtel FASTag balance.
Through this method, each time the vehicle crosses a toll plaza the FASTag user receives a payments deduction message on his registered mobile number, as the money gets deducted automatically from the FASTag wallet of the FASTag user.
Hence, whenever the money gets deducted, the FASTag user gets a notification message of the same on his registered mobile number.
Not only does the FASTag user get regular updates of the FASTag balance, but also whenever there is a low balance in the FASTag account, the user gets the notification of it as well.
3. Check Airtel FASTag Balance Online
Another common method by which a FASTag user can check his available Airtel FASTag balance is the online portal or the website method.
But to work efficiently and smoothly, this method requires an active internet connection with the FASTag user. The individual would not be able to check his Airtel FASTag balance if there is no facility of internet connection in his surroundings. Through this method, the FASTag user needs to:
- Visit the Airtel Payments Bank webpage.
- Then, he must click on the URL, https://www.airtel.in/bank
- After this, the interface of the Bank website will open before the FASTag user.
- Now, log in to the Airtel Payments Bank account by entering the registered mobile number and four – digits mPIN.
- After logging in to the Airtel Payments Bank account, click on the option of FASTag.
- The Airtel FASTag user will now be able to check his FASTag balance on the home screen.
By following the above-mentioned process, the Airtel FASTag user can check his Airtel FASTag balance; through the online portal of the Airtel Payments Bank.
4. Check Airtel FASTag Balance Through App
One of the many available methods which an Airtel FASTag user can use to check his Airtel FASTag balance is the method of My Airtel Application. Similar to the online portal method, this method too involves the use of an active internet connection.
Through this method, the Airtel FASTag user can check his Airtel FASTag balance by following the steps given below:
- Download and install the Airtel Thanks App from the Google Play Store for Android users and the Apple Store for iOs users.
- As soon as the interface of the app opens before the Airtel FASTag user, he must, click on the option of Bank, which is present at the lower screen of the page.
- After clicking on the option of Bank, a window will open with multiple options. Then, the user must tap on FASTag for the further process.
- Once the FASTag user clicks on the option of FASTag, the page will process and within a few moments, it will load.
- On this page, the Airtel FASTag user will be able to see all the vehicles registered with the Airtel FASTag.
- The available FASTag balance for each vehicle registered with the Airtel FASTag will be shown under the registered number of the vehicle.
Hence, by following the above-mentioned process, an Airtel Fastag user may easily check his Airtel FASTag balance. Though it is highly feasible to use the My Airtel application as a one-stop destination not only for all the services provided by Airtel but also for all the vehicles using Airtel Payments Bank FASTag.
The unavailability of an active internet connection can be a major loophole in using this method. Hence, before logging in to the app, the Airtel FASTag user must make sure that his mobile phone is connected to an active internet connection.
|Missed Call FASTag Balance Check Number||01204725873|
|FASTag Customer Care Number||400 or 8800688006|
|FASTag Email||[email protected]|
FASTag has made an impact on many businesses and individuals by introducing a modern age cashless system of paying toll tax at the toll plazas. But one always needs to be extra cautious when relying on technology.
Thus, to have a smooth trip with a hassle-free experience an Airtel Payment Bank FASTag user should always stay updated with his FASTag balance. One can use any of the methods mentioned above for the same.
Be the first to comment